This Privacy Statement covers the information practices of websites that link to this Privacy Statement (each referred to as a “Site”). The owner of this website is Perf Trans LLC (“PLS”).
PLS believes strongly in protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your Personal Information. We acknowledge that you may have privacy and security concerns with respect to the information we collect, use, and disclose to third parties for the purpose of allowing us to offer and provide our products and services to you. In order to comply with privacy legislation, we have developed this Privacy Statement. Personal information is any combination of information, in the possession of or likely to come into the possession of PLS, that can be used to identify, contact, or locate a discrete individual (“Personal Information”) and will be treated in accordance with this Privacy Statement. Any information which cannot be used to identify a discrete individual (such as aggregated statistical information) is not Personal Information.
PURPOSE FOR COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
PLS maintains servers and other storage facilities in the United States. As a consequence of your use of the Site, your Personal Information may be used or stored in the United States.
PLS collects, uses and discloses your Personal Information (including individuals associated with you, all of whom are referred to as “you” in this Privacy Statement) in its normal course of business for the following purposes:
- Establishing and maintaining communications with you;
- Where you have requested a product or service from PLS, assisting you in the completion of your patent application, translation of your patent documents, the processing and maintenance of the product or service, as well as any applicable renewal of such product or service;
- Responding to your inquiries about applications, accounts and other services;
- Making proposals for future product or service needs;
- Allowing our affiliated companies to notify you of certain products or services offered by our affiliated companies;
- Processing transactions through service providers;
- Meeting legal, security, processing and regulatory requirements;
- Protecting against fraud, suspicious or other illegal activities;
- Improving our business and operations; and
- Compiling statistics for analysis of our sites and our business.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The information gathered by PLS from this Site falls into two categories: (1) information voluntarily supplied by visitors to our Site and (2) tracking information gathered as visitors navigate through our Site.
Information voluntarily provided by you
When using this Site, you may choose to provide us with information to help us serve your needs. The Personal Information that we collect will depend on how you choose to use this Site.
Where you request information about our product or services
If you request further information about our services, we require you to submit your name, e-mail address, the name of your organization, and the country in which you are based so we may send you the material you have requested, and to enable us to identify if you are an existing client of PLS.
Where you register with us and/or request product or services
If you register with the Site, or request a service available on the Site, we will ask you for your name, e-mail address, country, telephone number and the reason for your communication, as well as information as is reasonably necessary so that we can provide you with the product or service. On the data submission form, we shall indicate by way of an asterisk, which information is optional and which information is mandatory. This information can include information you provide on applications or other forms, which may include your name, address, email address, and additional contact information.
Any Personal Information that you send us will be used for the purpose indicated on the Site or in this Privacy Statement.
When you supply us with information containing third party Personal Information (names, addresses, or other information relating to living individuals), we will hold and use that Personal Information to perform our services for you on the understanding that the individuals to whom the Personal Information relates have been informed of the reason(s) for obtaining the Personal Information, the fact that it may be disclosed to third parties such as PLS, and have consented to such disclosure and use.
Website Navigational Information
As you navigate the Site, we may also collect information through the use of commonly-used information-gathering tools, such as cookies and web beacons (collectively “Website Navigational Information”). Website Navigational Information includes standard information from your web browser (such as browser type and browser language), your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and the actions you take on the Site (such as the web pages viewed and the links clicked).
There are different kinds of cookies with different functions:
- Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session. They are automatically deleted when the browser is closed. They usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page. They do not collect any information from your computer.
- Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is one stored as a file on your computer, and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again.
- First-party cookies: the function of this type of cookie is to retain your preferences for a particular website for the entity that owns that website. They are stored and sent between PLS’s servers and your computer’s hard drive. These cookies may be either Session or Persistent cookies.
- Third-party cookies: the function of this type of cookie is to retain your interaction with a particular website for an entity that does not own that website. They are stored and sent between the Third-party’s server and your computer’s hard drive. These cookies are usually Persistent cookies.
Where strictly necessary
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the Site. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, such as obtaining a quote or logging into your account, cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a Site, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. They also allow us to record and count the number of visitors to the Site, all of which enables us to see how visitors use the Site in order to improve the way that our Site works.
These cookies allow our Site to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced features. For instance, a Site may be able to remember your log in details, so that you do not have to repeatedly sign in to your account when using a particular device to access our Site. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, font and other parts of web pages that you can customize. They may also be used to provide services you have requested. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymized. They do not gather any information about you that could be used for advertising or remember where you have been on the internet.
Please consult your web browser’s ‘Help’ documentation or visit aboutcookies.org for more information about how to turn cookies on and off for your browser.
“Do Not Track” Settings
The major browsers have attempted to implement the draft “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) standard of the World Wide Web Consortium (“W3C”) in their latest releases. As this standard has not been finalized, PLS’s Sites are not compatible with DNT and so do not recognize DNT settings.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO OTHERS
We do not disclose any Personal Information about you to any third parties except as stated in this Privacy Statement, as otherwise permitted by law, or as authorized by you.
Third parties to whom we disclose information are required by law and contractual undertakings to keep your Personal Information confidential and secure, and to use and disclose it for purposes that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances, in compliance with all applicable legislation. Examples of such purposes are as follows:
- To provide the products and services you have requested from us;
- To notify you or allow our affiliated companies to notify you of certain products or services offered by our affiliated companies;
- For patent, filing quotation, and related services;
- To process transactions through data processing service providers;
- If the information is a credit card number, to process credit card payments—through third party payment processing, clearing and settlement systems in association with various banks; and
- To other companies with whom we have joint marketing agreements.
If these third parties wish to use your Personal Information for purposes inconsistent with the purposes described in this Statement, they will have a legal obligation to notify you of this and, where required, to obtain your consent.
In the normal course of performing services for our clients, Personal Information may be shared within PLS and its affiliates for any of the purposes noted above; as well as research and statistical purposes, system administration, and crime prevention or detection.
Because a number of the service providers we use are located in the United States, including certain PLS affiliates, your Personal Information may be processed and stored inside the United States, and the U.S. government, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your Personal Information under US laws.
PLS’s service suppliers adhere to the same protections regarding the collection, use, and retention of data as we do.
As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy assets. In such transactions, user information, including Personal Information, generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, if either PLS itself or substantially all of PLS assets were acquired, your Personal Information may be one of the transferred assets. Therefore, we may disclose and/or transfer your Personal Information to a third party purchaser in these circumstances.
Other Legally Required Disclosures
PLS preserves the right to disclose without your prior permission any Personal Information about you or your use of this Site if PLS has a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) protect and defend the rights, property or safety of PLS, employees, other users of this Site, or the public; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that apply to use of this Site; (c) as required by a legally valid request from a competent governmental authority; or (d) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third-parties. We may also disclose Personal Information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
In this Privacy Statement, the purposes identified above and in “Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information” will be referred to as the “Identified Purposes.”
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 requires any operator of a website to permit its California-resident customers to request and obtain from the operator a list of what personal information the operator disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes, for the preceding calendar year; and the addresses and names of such third parties. Should you have any questions, or would like to obtain information about who PLS has shared your Personal Information with for marketing purposes, please contact us at:
101 Crawfords Corner Rd.
4-101R Holmdel, NJ 07733
Your knowledge of and consent to PLS’s collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information is important. We rely on the following actions by you as indications of your consent to our existing and future Personal Information practices:
- Your voluntary provision of Personal Information to us directly;
- Your express consent or acknowledgement contained within a written, verbal or electronic application or claims process; and
- Your verbal consent solicited by PLS (or our agent) for a specified purpose.
Subject to certain legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, you may withdraw this consent at any time. PLS will inform you of the consequences of withdrawing your consent. In some cases, refusing to provide certain Personal Information or withdrawing consent for PLS to collect, use or disclose your Personal Information could mean that we cannot provide the requested services or information for you.
If you wish to withdraw your consent please refer to the Questions or to Withdraw Consent section below.
However, there are a number of instances where PLS does not require your consent to engage in the processing or disclosure of Personal Information. PLS may not solicit your consent for the processing or transfer of Personal information for those purposes which have a statutory basis, such as:
- The transfer or processing is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and PLS (or one of its affiliates);
- The transfer or processing is necessary for the performance of a contract, concluded in your interest, between PLS (or one of its affiliates) and a third party;
- The transfer or processing is necessary, or legally required, on important public interest grounds, for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims, or to protect your vital interests; or
- The transfer or processing is required by applicable law.
We have in place physical, electronic and procedural safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information we maintain. Safeguards will vary depending on the sensitivity, format, location, amount, distribution and storage of the Personal Information. They include physical, technical, and managerial measures to keep Personal Information protected from unauthorized access. However, due to the nature of the Internet and related technology, we cannot absolutely guarantee the security of Personal Information, and PLS expressly disclaims any such obligation.
ACCURACY, ACCOUNTABILITY, OPENNESS AND CUSTOMER ACCESS
Our knowing about changes to some of your Personal Information (e.g. email address) may be key to effectively communicating with you at your request. If any of your details change you can update us by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please keep us informed of changes to your Personal Information.
You have the right to access your Personal Information and request rectification of any Personal Information in the file that may be obsolete, incomplete or incorrect.
QUESTIONS OR TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
You may exercise your right to withdraw your consent to applicable uses or disclosures of your Personal Information (which may limit or terminate the products and services that PLS provides to you) by writing or sending an email to us at:
101 Crawfords Corner Rd.
4-101R Holmdel, NJ 07733
We will need to validate the identity of anyone making such a request to ensure that we do not provide your information to anyone who does not have the right to such information. Normally we will respond to access requests within 30 days.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
If there is any material change to your rights under this Privacy Statement, PLS will provide you with notice of such change 30 days prior to the changes going into effect. As part of this notice, PLS may post a notice of the change on the Site in a clear and conspicuous manner for the 30 day notice period. PLS may also communicate the change via email or postal mail if this is the way that PLS normally corresponds with you. Please note that your continued use of the Site or Services once this 30 day period are over indicates your agreement to the changes which were the subject of the notice.